Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ramblings



The necessary pole for the kite has been found! It was stuck to the cabinet door underneath the sink. Never would have looked there. Regrettably, the kite never flew. I took the kids to the soccer fields, but after 20 minutes of attempting, whirling and nosediving, and running across the field after the kite a few times, the kite was ripped in two! I think I was the most disappointed in it. Lydia was happy to take pictures with my camera and Colton had found a low spot in the field where he could happily play in the mud. Go figure.

Colton helped me weed the garden. All the weeds that were pulled from their vegetable garden home were then taken over and dumped in the flower garden by those loving little hands.

Lydia was asked today if she was going to make a lot of money when her dad finished school. Her reply- "No. We'll make muffins." (I was at the time making muffins.)

I've determined that the joy in many things come from the anticipation of it. Christmas is fun, but most of the fun is all the stuff before- carols, wrapping presents, making candy and dreaming of the cool gifts Santa will bring. I always anticipated school- new clothes, new school supplies, friends to hang out with. Well, I am anticipating some fun events. Every year Purdue hosts concerts and welcomes talent in various areas. A few months back, Lady Gaga was here. This year, Bill Cosby is coming in September and The Blue Man Group is coming in March and I get to see both of them! I am SO SO excited, and I am glad these events aren't for awhile so I can anticipate them. I just have to make sure I don't over-do it so that I'm not dissapointed when they come. Whhooo-hooo. I like this college town!

No comments: