Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pink Party

We had a slow day a few weeks back, so we decided to have a pink party. I wish I had had more time to make cute pink invitations and get pink balloon and the whole works, but Lydia was anxious to make a cake and have friends over, so we called it simple and made a cake, wrote our invites on pink construction paper and read the book "Pinkalicious."
The girls coloring pink pictures.
The cake. I broke down and bought bags and couplers to go with my cake decorating tips. It is amazing how much easier it is to do a job when you have the right tools! Before I would put the tip in the corner of a ziploc baggie and it was always a mess. I really enjoyed piping the pink border. It was relaxing. I hope I can keep playing around and enjoy this as a new hobby. Mike's birthday is coming up, so I'll get some practice!

No comments: