Saturday, July 26, 2008

She's Walking!


After 4 weeks of sitting and crawling, Lydia is walking again! I cannot tell you how excited I am! I took her to the pool yesterday and played with her in water up to her chest. She eventually got comfortable with the extra buoyancy and started walking in the water, which has since transitioned to walking with help on normal ground, and now walking all by herself. Though she has a heart wrenching little limp and is very slow, I could not be prouder! I really do feel joy- that the Lord is mindful of me. The thought of having a crippled toddler and a newborn was a little overwhelming for me- and moving to top it off. But now it feels like I can move forward with things. I just finished my "To do before the baby comes" projects. Now all I need is my mom here and I will be set. She comes out Wednesday, which is another huge reassurance. The picture is a sampling of some of the pregnant women in our ward right now. I know we missed at least 3 that are also due within the next few months. The two I am standing between have already had their babies. I've decided that when none of your maternity clothes even fit, it is time to have your baby.

4 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

I knew you liked basketball but don't you know you're not suppose to swallow them?! :) You have such a perfect round tummy! And you look good too btw, hope you feel that way! :) Best of luck with the upcoming delivery! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

Caralee and Jon said...

Good luck with the delivery. Why are you being induced, sorry, maybe I missed that post. I'm excited to see a picture of your new little boy too!

stevie kay said...

You have nothing but that basketball of a belly! It's so stinkin cute! I can't believe you're almost due. Best of luck - I'm super excited to see pictures of him!

Kristine said...

I am so glad she can walk on her own now. I was getting worried thinking about how you were going to do that!I am so glad your mom will be there! Hope all goes well!