Monday, July 14, 2008

The leg



Lydia has learned how to cope with her broken leg and cast quite well. She crawls around now and has even figured out how to do a gimp walk for a few steps. She has a tremendous amount of patience! Her cast has really limited her summer activities (like taking a bath!) but there is still sidewalk chalk, watching movies in her new chair, and playing with her little brother to be's car seat. The great news is, her cast comes off THIS FRIDAY!! Only three weeks. We were incredulous!



This morning we were invited to go pick blueberries with the Galbraith's - a most wonderful family in the ward that has somewhat adopted us. Lydia was so excited, she wanted to sit on the porch and wait for them.







Lydia absolutely loves Courtney, the Galbraith's youngest daughter. Here she is helping Lydia pick delicious blue berries.


On the pregnancy front, I have found my energy levels increasingly decreasing, thus my lack of posts. The baby continues to grow and I continue to be uncomfortable and and anxious to hold my baby boy. To add to all the fun, we found out we are moving across town the day after I am due. Mike will be in charge of the move- I've delegated that to him. I figure I will not know where anything is for the next several months, but oh well. As long as there is toilet paper in the bathroom and a plate to eat off of, that is just fine with me.

5 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Yeah that it comes off soon! Good luck with the moving! Are you moving into an apt, house, what? I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy when he comes!

Caralee and Jon said...

I hate moving. Jon will also be in charge of a possible 3 times moving the next months. I feel bad but I'm not sure what else to do. Husbands are great aren't they? Good luck with everything, oh what name did you decide on for you baby boy?

Erin L said...

Wow, I think Ana would not be so patient. By the way, our carseat is the same as yours only red. Although, somehow that doesn't surprise me...

Kristine said...

I am so glad the cast is coming off. I've been thinking about you! I hope that labor goes well and don't even worry about leaving the moving to Mike. You two are a great couple.

Lynette said...

Oh Sad! That's a bummer your little girl broke her leg! Poor thing. I totally feel for you with moving after having the baby; I had to do the same thing. It's awful. Feel free to complain to me all you want when the time comes. :)