Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tidbits

Mike working on his bike. We love biking.
Lydia and Grandpa Hansen. She loves Grandpa Hansen and cried when he left.
The Red Hat. She wears this hat almost every time we go outside, even if it is 70 degrees.

Tidbits on our family:

Lydia-
Lydia woke up at 5:00 one morning this week, bright eyed and bushy tailed. By 7:00, I decided it was Dad's shift. When I woke up around 8:30 the house was silent. Either they were asleep or outside. I put my money on outside because Lydia doesn't fall asleep once up and is obsessed with going out at every opportunity.
I was wrong. I opened the door to find Mike asleep on the couch and Lydia asleep with her head on the coffee table. She was sitting in her doll stroller, which keep in mind would be a tight fit for a cabbage patch doll, and had her favorite blanket all wrapped around her neck like a boa. Her head was resting on her folded arms, but before I could take a picture of this serene and unheard of moment, she woke up, and with no hesitation, was back to being a very busy almost 2 year old. Random.

Mike-
Mike is becoming a computer gamer. Tomorrow night he has a gig to go play computer games with a whole bunch of guys that all hook up their computers onto a network. I don't expect him home before 1:00 AM. I never thought this would happen to Mike, but as long as he doesn't start collecting Japanese cartoon playing cards, I guess I should let the boys be boys.
Also, Mike came home from school yesterday and informed me that he was going to sale his presidential vote on ebay. I told him it had to be illegal and would be the demise of democracy if people sold their right to vote for money. Thankfully, he researched the idea, along with some fellow grad students and found that someone had already tried it and been notified it was a felony. What are they teaching him at school?

Heather-
In highschool, I always found it fun to buy some new jewelry or clothes, but I have found that since being married and starting a family, the things I desire to buy are very different from what they were before. For example, I love shopping for my children. The toy aisle never held so much joy. Or how about appliances? What I wouldn't give for a dishwasher! That is so lame! But it is true. I came home from a store called Gordman's last week being most elated with a newborn outfit for the baby! (To which Mike looked at and said, "Hmm, there are frogs on this. Where are the footballs?)
And other news in my life is that I am so excited because I am getting a piano, something that 10 years ago I would have shrugged my shoulders at. I was at a community center this week for a meeting and they had a sign posted on the piano that said "Free! Out of tune. You must haul." So, for the approximately $35 it will cost to haul, I am getting a piano. It has it's nicks and scrapes, but now I will be able to submit my own children to the horrors of piano lessons.

3 comments:

TwinkleBee said...

Lydia is so big! and cute! and your tidbits were very entertaining :) I'm jealous, I love indiana, have you been there during the fall yet? the falls there are to die for, the trees become a paint palet of bright oranges yellows and reds. sigh... i try to plan my trips there during the fall season so I can get a glimpse. What did you think of florida when you were here?

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

You always crack me up! We are looking forward to seeing you guys!

Rebecca said...

Wo! An almost free piano! That's awesome!