Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mike's Birthday

Mike turned 26 on Saturday, so I threw him a surprise birthday party. I knew Mike wouldn't want a big to-do, so I just told him we were going to bar-b-q at the park and his two closest friends here in Indiana and their wives happened to show up at the same time. That's Joseph on the left and Carlos in the middle. Those boys talked the whole time- about sports! I guess that is what you do at a bar-b-q!




While the men folk talked, us ladies took the kiddos over to the toys. Lydia loves the swings. I've included a picture of little Joshua (Joseph's son) who had his first experience on the swings. Though the picture might not make it seem like it, he did really enjoy it.
We did have cake, though I don't have any pictures. Lydia put the candles in- some were upside down and some were stuck in all the way to the bottom of the pan. It was a fun evening.



















I also had this recent picture of Lydia riding her rocking horse and talking on her cell phone at the same time. I wonder, if at 2 she already has a cell phone, do you think when she is 15 she will think she needs one?

2 comments:

TwinkleBee said...

I know you've asked if I've met the kemeny's (spelling?) I thought you had just met them. I didn't realize you were good friends with Carlos. I knew his brother Andre a little bit and his parents, and of course carlos!!! Me and my best friend in high school (Abi Bradshaw, ask him about her) were friends with him, We went to stake dances together, he was one of the nicest guys we knew growing up, and i've never met anyone that can play the violin as good as him, he would give everyone chills in stake conference. I would love to hear him play again. So cool you know him! I haven't met his wife, but i'm sure she's great cause he's great. Tell him I say hello!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Mike! We wanted to see what your plans are for the end of July, first few days of August. We are moving to Missouri and want to see you guys on the way! I think your phone numbers are different...ours are the same. Or email or comment or whatever so we can set something up.