Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cutting hair

A few weeks ago, I was visiting my friend Jackie, who is blind. She asked me if I would cut her hair for her, so tentatively I did. The extent of my hair cutting experience is trimming my bangs when I had them about 10 years ago and shaving my legs. So you can see why I was a little nervous. As I went along however, I decided that this would be the best experience I could ever get. I was cutting a blind woman's hair! She would never see my mistakes and blunders. She told me what she wanted by how it felt.
Well, it really didn't turn out too bad, so this week I decided I would trim up my own hair, and Viola! It didn't turn out too bad either. Of course it took several times of washing it before I managed to get everything even!
And now I face the decision, should I cut Lydia's hair? It has never been cut before and frankly it is kind of straggly, but I am able to put it in pigtails. Any opinions? I'm on a role so far. . .

1 comment:

Christie said...

Heather - I would go ahead and try it. Even though Lydia is obviously not blind, I think she is your next best victim. She is a little girl - she won't know the difference and people are not usually too picky about little girls' hair. Just think of it, if it turns out great, you have just found another way to save money and spend time with your kids!

By the way, may I just say that I am green with envy right now. (That was the perfect analogy to use too because...) I want to see Wicked!!! It is coming to SLC next summer,but somehow that is not quite like seeing it on Broadway. That must have been such a treat and a great time to spend some time with just Mike.

Oh Heather! You will never believe who I am friends with down here. Do you remember Preston Brown from EFY that Jenn ended up dating? Well, the guy I am dating is best friends with Preston, so we have hung out with he and his wife Angie a ton! He is a great guy and they are such a fun couple to spend time with.

Preston was asking where I was from one night and when I said IF, he got quite inquisitive. He kept asking me questions about it and seemed oddly intrested. Finally he asked if I knew you and Jenn. Wow, it sure is a small world.