Friday, April 18, 2008

It Wasn't a Dream!

Are there ever times when you wake up in the morning and you aren't sure if you had a crazy dream the night before or if you actually DID something crazy the night before?
Lately I have been waking up between 3AM-5Am because I am starting to get to that uncomfortable pregnant stage. Well pregnancy also seems to give me weird, vivid dreams, so when I woke up early this morning and the bed was shaking, I didn't think much of it. I just assumed Mike was rolling over and trying to get comfortable. Yet, he wasn't rolling over, and the bed just kept shaking. I thought to myself, I am in an earthquake and then I drifted back off to sleep.
I didn't remember any of this in the morning, until Mike called me from school and asked me if I had woken up around 5 this morning because there had been a 5.5 earthquake! Then it all came back to me! The bed continually shaking, things rattling, my semi-coherent thoughts . . .
Mike felt so left out that he hadn't waken up! I wish I had waken up more! An actual earthquake and I just rolled over and went back to sleep!

5 comments:

Shamaine said...

That's funny that you were in an earthquake and didn't even know it. I have felt a small earthquake before and not known it. However my bed wasn't shaking just the blinds. :)
I'm glad everything is still in it's place.

Heather said...

I'm glad even mother nature can't interrupt the Hansen family's sleep. Glad you're alright.

Devin and Megan said...

Scary! how are you?
check out our blog dmroberts.blogspot.com

Kristine said...

What a cool story! I've always wanted to be in a natural disaster, and yours was perfect because no one was hurt. I remember the uncomfortable pregnant stage, especially at night. I never got to see you pregnant. I think you should post a picture!

Lynette said...

How crazy! Isn't it nuts the dreams you have when you're pregnant?! I agree with Kristine; you need to post a picture of the belly!