Monday, May 26, 2008

Chicago

For a belated anniversary, Mike and I went to Chicago for the weekend. We had a great time. Lydia stayed with some friends here in Lafayette and came home totally pooped from all the fun she had, and frankly, we came home pooped too!

We stayed in a hotel downtown, right off of Michigan Ave, which is the shopping district. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory, which is now Mike's new favorite restaurant and saw The Navy Pier. We saw Speed Racer at the Imax theater at Navy Pier and really liked it. The screen was huge!
To top it all off, we walked down to the Theater District and saw Wicked on Broadway. I think we have been singing the songs ever since! It was fantastic! The weekend was great. I loved spending time with Mike, but we were both excited to come home and see the cute little antics of our princess. Just about everything we did, we would spy something that Lydia would like. Next time we go I think we will take her with us and go see the zoo.

This last picture is for you Mom and Dad! This is Dad's next boat- a "gift for mom!"

7 comments:

TwinkleBee said...

I LOVE chicago, so many good restaurants! Cheesecake factory is one of my favorites, and the one in Chicago is cool looking! I recently saw the play wicked too on Broadway, it is my favorite play I've seen so far! Glad you guys had a good time. You could go to Chicago a million times and eat at a different restaurant and do a different activity every time. Lucky you guys!

Heather said...

I think I'd take a belated anniversary if it included all of that! Sounds like a fantastic getaway. Let me know when your dad gets that boat...

Shannon said...

How fun!!! (And happy 3 years too! ;) I want to see Wicked SO bad. It's definitely on our to-do list. By the way, you look adorable! I can't believe you're already in your last trimester!

TwinkleBee said...

Do you have contact info or still keep in contact with Lisa and Richard Phelps? We miss them, but aren't in contact with them. Just curious!

Kevan said...

I am with my wife on this one. Chicago is pretty amazing. I've been through there multiple times, but haven't actually stayed and enjoyed the area. At least not longer than a few hours. :) I am jealous you guys had the chance.

Lynette said...

Wow! I'm so jealous! I have been dying to see Wicked. Hopefully I'll be going with Jared's mom this summer (she's already seen it twice!). Looks like you guys had so much fun! And you look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Wicked amazing?! I saw it last year when I went to New York with Trask's mom. Sounds like you guys had a great time!