Friday, November 7, 2008

I found one!


Every time we go to someone's house with a little kitchen, Lydia loves it and plays and plays. For months I have been looking for a little kitchen that Santa could bring her and finally I found one on Craig's List. ( I love Craig's list) It is now in our neighbor's closet, waiting to be unveiled Christmas morning. I think I am so excited because I had a kitchen as a little girl and I have been hit with a piece of nostalgia.

Beyond doing some early Christmas shopping, I have been helping Mike write some fellowship essays and Lydia has begun potty training herself. Today she went into the bathroom and proceeded to poop on the toilet- all by herself! I think we will start full-fledged potty training on Monday. Apparently I am holding her back.
I have also began looking for a women's basketball league. I cannot think of any hobby which I enjoy more, but playing sports has been one of the things that has been pushed aside since having children. I know that opportunity for certain things changes with the responsibilities of marriage and family, but I think it is important to not lose who we are in the process of becoming wife and mother or husband and father.

4 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

We just picked up the exact same kitchen for Meghan for Christmas from Craigslist this week! What a small world...

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

I love graigslist too!!! Very cute kitchen I'm sure she's going to love it and good luck with basketball!

Jessica said...

Hi Heather! I came across your blog when I was looking at Tamri's. I hope you don't mind :) That kitchen set is cute, I love craigslist also! I always find things I need, and want, there. My blog is batemanfam.blogspot.com talk to you later!
~Jessica

abo-bder said...


شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
شركة قص اشجار بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
فني تركيب دش
فني تركيب دش