Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

It is Father's Day and Mike has enjoyed treats from church and a special dinner of Jumbalaya. (Something I had never cooked before, but he really likes because it has so much flavor)
Just thought I would post a few things because we are leaving for Ohio tomorrow and I won't be back for two weeks. Mike's sister is moving from Provo to the Phillipeanes in another year, but is visiting Ohio right now, so we are going to meet them there since it may be the last time we see them for several years. Mike plans to go to Cedar Point, an amusement park with AWESOME rollar coasters and Lydia will get to play with ALL of her cousins! We will celebrate Lydia's 2nd birthday while there as well. It should be a fun trip!

Today while at church I was asked if I was having twins! This is what I was wearing when I was asked that. I still have two months to go! How can I get bigger!?

For Family Home evening last week we had a lesson on being happy and how icecream cones can make us happy, but things like family will keep us happy forever. I think Lydia's favorite part of the lesson was the icecream cone rather than the moral.


11 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Wow! What is that boy doing in there?!? You do look like you're ready to deliver, not have two more months. Hopefully you don't grow any farther out or you might fall right over! :) Or else have even worse back pains! Have a fabulous time in Ohio!

Shannon said...

Heather, you look adorable!! (And no, you don't look like you're having twins.) You haven't even gained an ounce of weigh anywhere else, how do you manage that?! Have a fantastic trip!

And cute picture of Lydia too! :)

stevie kay said...

You DO look like you're having twins! Must be a football player in there :-) Glad to see I'm not the only one who gets a preggo belly so big that everyone thinks you're due months before it actually comes!

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

we are going to be in Ohio then we NEED to get together!!!

Shamaine said...

haha, my Dad always said that Ice Cream was Heaven food. :) I hope you have fun in Ohio!

Mama Tales said...

I feel your pain Heather. Shelly

Heather said...

It totally just looks like you stuffed a pillow up your shirt. I'm glad Mike got treats at church, our branch didn't and Andrew & his brother were both pretty disappointed. I'm not sure using ice cream as the "bad cop" was the most effective idea...what other FHE lessons do you do? I need to start thinking about that soon.

The Gould Family said...

Hey! I was just thinking about you guys today and googled your names to see if you had a blog at all! So glad that I found you! Looks like you guys are doing great! Lydia is so cute and so big!! Is she two yet or is that coming up? Congratulations on baby #2!! When's your due date?
(We have a blog too, but its set to private, so if you want an invite send me your email at ryanashnryley@yahoo.com)

Ashley Gould (hopefully you remember me and I'm not freaking you out! lol.)

Kristine said...

Happy birthday to Lydia! I hope you had tons of fun on your vacation. Looks like your baby boy is wanting lots of leg room. :) Hope everything goes well.

Christie said...

Holy Cow! Reed, that picture is a classic. I cannot believe you have two months left. Your stomach looks like a bullet. I bet if someone saw you from behind, they would have no idea you were pregnant. You don't look like you have gained any weight, it is just that your stomach is sticking straight out!

Christie said...

I should add that I realize that you are having your baby soon, not in two months. It is just insane that at the time that you took that picture, you still had two months.