Sunday, June 8, 2008

Changes


Lydia has had lots of changes lately. First off, I did decide to cut her hair. I just trimmed the back so she has a little bob. I'm glad I did it because now her hair doesn't look so scraggly.
Secondly, Lydia is now sleeping in a "big girl bed" We have been debating on when to do this for a long time, but finally just decided to get it over with. The baby will be coming and then we plan on moving and potty training will most likely start shortly after that, so we decided to knock one big thing off this growing list of big "changes" that seem to throw little ones off. Last night was Lydia's first night in her bad. We put the mattress on the floor in the afternoon and she was excited about it all day! She wanted to show us, play on it, have her stuffed animals sleep, etc. It only took a half hour of crying for her to fall asleep on her bed and she only got up once in the night. Not too bad I would say. She woke up around 8 this morning and walked out looking a little confused, but was once again excited when we started praising her for sleeping in her big girl bed. Even as I write this, she is taking her nap on her big girl bed. I have been a lucky parent to have such an easily adjustable child. I think that Heavenly Father knew that is what I would need to break me into parenting.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I am so glad that Lydia has done well on the new bed! That's cute that she is excited about it. I haven't experienced moving a child on to a big kid bed, but hearing from my brother and sisters, it is quite the feat! I hope she continues to adjust well.

TwinkleBee said...

where are you guys moving to? our next trip to indiana will probably be this christmas, but you guys will probably go home too at that point :)