Wednesday, April 7, 2010

1/2 Marathon



These are my before and after photos from the half marathon I ran on Saturday. I will not pretend that I am a runner. I am however determined. I set a new years resolution to run a half marathon, just to prove to myself I could do it. I have come to enjoy running after the past few months of training. My run was a memorable one. It was the only rainy day in weeks! This was a trail run along a river. With all the rain, it got very muddy and there were times I couldn't run because it was so slippery. There were also logs to hurdle over and branches to duck. I just laughed to myself as mud splashed up to my knees and my big poncho flapped in the wind- what an initiation! I managed to run all but about a half mile, but man did my calves hurt when I was done. (Thus the squatting position in my 'after' picture.) I actually think I would do it again- but this time I will pray harder for nicer weather!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Good job Heather! That is such an accomplishment!

Erin L said...

That is awesome! I have a friend who is doing a half marathon this summer and it got me thinking maybe i'd do another one. I just ran a 5k and it kicked my butt, so we'll have to see.

Julie said...

Yay!! Good job - and on a previous post, nice job on bribing your child. I'm so glad we're related :0)

Chris and Nicole! said...

Awesome goal Heather! I'm so glad that you did it! I couldn't imagine running a half-marathon! I did a 5K when I was about 12 and I'm pretty sure that is when I started to not like running...!

Jill said...

You are an inspiration!!! Way to go!!!