Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Things I miss

I'm feeling nostalgic. This morning I made some yummy rolls that we always had growing up. Here are some things I miss from home. Seeing things like this out the front window.
Gotta love the snow in Rexburg! ha ha! This picture was taken in April.
Doing things in the mountains. (I'm not really a big horse person, but this was fun.)
Mom and Dad. Also gotta love having a temple out your back door. I could go for some Reed's Dairy Ice cream or a motorbike ride. I miss hearing the pipe swishing, or just irrigation in general- though I know my Dad could do without it! I miss dirty pick ups, fire pits and great stars. I miss potato fields, Osgood elementary, the Love Saq and "special day" plate. I would love some of Grandpa Reed's popcorn. Wouldn't it be fun to go elk hunting? Or just shooting rifles? Alas, some of these things are gone. Things change. You grow up. But you have memories and you have people, and those you keep on loving!

3 comments:

Mama Tales said...

Amen

Jill said...

Hey--Kara, Brian, and I just finished some delicious Reed's Dairy ice cream 10 minutes ago! Sure would be nice if you could join us sometime! Love ya :)

Julie said...

Don't go making me homesick!
Oh, and happy anniversary!