Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Recipe

Well, I finished the dishes and I even managed to shampoo the family room. Once I finish this, I am off to bed! Hooray! If you have the time to make this, it is wonderful!

Café Rio Pork

5-6 lb. pork roast

1 T. cumin

1 C. brown sugar

20 oz coke

12 oz salsa

1 can enchilada sauce

Put roast in crock pot with all ingredients (only half on enchilada sauce) and cook for 3+ hours. Shred pork and serve on tortilla’s with lettuce, cheese, beans, or whatever you like. Top tortillas with remaining enchilada sauce. I recommend the following rice and sauce with it.

Café Rio Rice

4 tsp. chicken bouillon

4 tsp. minced garlic

½ bunch cilantro

1 can diced green chilies

¾ tsp. salt

1 T. butter

½ onion chopped

2-C cups rice (non-instant)

Mix all ingredients except for rice in a blender. But mixture in pot with rice and add water to cook rice as normal. Serve with Café Rio Pork.

Café Rio Dressing

2 tomatillos

1 buttermilk ranch packet prepared as directed on package

½ bunch cilantro

1 clove garlic

1 lime juiced

1 jalepeno seeded

Mix all ingredients in blender and serve over Café Rio pork.

3 comments:

Erin L said...

my sister shared this recipe with me and I tried it easter sunday. I think if I were going to die, I would pick this as my last meal. But I wouldn't want to do all the dishes afterward. So yummy!

Bekah and Lance said...

Yum! Question though, does it taste like "coke" because I hate cola taste?

Ashlee said...

Making it better is buying uncooked tortillas. It tastes so much better when served with fresh cooked tortillas!