Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's Mmm Mmm good!

When Mike and I lived in Rexburg, our favorite restaurant was Bajio's, a mexican grill comparable to Cafe Rio. While Indiana has much more to offer in the way of restaurants, they do not boast a Bajio's, which was the cause of much sadness for us. However, a few weeks ago, we were on campus and hungry so we decided to try a new restaurant that caters to the college students. When I walked into Fiesta Mexican Grill, I was home! It was Bajio's with a different name on the front! The same fake tile counter with the plexiglass so you can watch them assemble your burrito, the same aluminum containers for your food, and it might have even been the same Jose who put my order together! Over the weeks, I have come to love Fiesta Mexican Grill more and more. On Wednesdays, everything is half off! With Mike's Purdue ID, we get a free drink. AND, come to find out, if you bring your child in, they can get a free cheese quesadilla! Oh, Bliss! Now, to put you all up to date. . . I had a long day. I watched 4 children today at various times throughout the day that were not my own. Trying to keep 2 two-year-olds in the house when the door gets open is like trying to keep water in your hand! Bathing 4 kids at once made me feel like I worked on an assembly line! But the day was not bad and that is because of what I had for dinner. No, it was not Fiesta Mexican Grill! A friend of mine gave me a recipe for a knockoff of Cafe Rio. It is a crockpot meal, so I thought with my busy day today, that would be perfect! Oh was it ever! I seriously think it was the best food I have ever made with my own two hands! (Except for maybe peanut butter pie.) I will try to get the recipe on here, but now I need to quite reveling in deliciousness and do the dishes that provided it all.

4 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

i miss bajio like nothing else on this planet. I seriously crave that place, the closest one we have is two hours away...dang it now I am WANTING IT SO BAD!!!

Tracy said...

can you share the recipe? I see a lot of knock off recipes, but they always seem to complicated or involve too many ingredients.

I can't believe you haven't discovered Fiesta Grill until now. Dustin and I were so happy to find our own Indiana knock off of Cafe Rio. But I didn't know about half off Wednesdays! Woohoo! Also, I love that they are closed on Sunday's, it makes me want to support them even more. They had a really rough start with that store when it flooded shortly after it opened. I'm sure they are far from the point of making any money on that place yet. I just don't want to see them shut down! But I think they get a lot of support from Cafe Rio (or Bajio) lovers that come from the West!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for taking Molly for a little bit this morning! I feel terrible knowing you had so many kids to watch after her, but the break was so wonderful, and I feel it really helped me make it through the rest of the day. I guess I'm the one that did tell you about the free kids quesadillas, so we can just call it even, right?

Jessica said...

I LOVE Fiesta!! I am always going there when I don't want to cook.... yeay for free cheese quesadillas! I am excited for Wednesdays!!! I didn't even know, I would have gone tonight :) Thanks for the info!