Saturday, September 21, 2013

Well It's About Time!

Alright, I will admit.  Since I have had my third  child, my blog has greatly suffered.  That was over a year ago.  And while I have done much in the year since Jocelyn was born, my blog has not done much.  I do however have a decent excuse for my longer than usual hiatus these past months.  1st- I was traveling the entire month of August.  2nd- Immediately upon my arrival back, we moved to Michigan.  Now that we have been here a few weeks and are unpacked and I know where to buy milk and bread, perhaps I can spend more time with my blog, my long lost friend.  And I hope that by doing so, I can keep up with old friends and the new. 
So let us begin and try to catch up a little. 
July.  July?  What happened in July?  uuummmm.... it was hot?  I don't really remember what I did in July except that I know we went swimming. . . like almost every day.  And I can't find a picture to record all the bobbing and marco poloing we did, but we did it.
Mike defended and passed. That was totally awesome!  It was cool to have him summarize everything he has spent the last 6 years working on. 
In August, we went to Idaho to see my family.  Always fun.  We first flew into Salt Lake and spent the next morning downtown with my brother and his girls.  I really enjoyed spending some time with them. My brother showed us some of his landscaping work and introduced us to Kneaders- a most delicious place to eat french toast!

 Following our tour of temple square, we met up with my other brother and his family.  Hooray!  Another boy cousin to play with!  An impromptu pizza lunch materialized on the stairs. 


 Then the whole crew headed up to the cabin.  Doesn't look like there is much room for any more grandkids.  (Although it was decided by the grand kids while we are the cabin that my little sister should indeed get with it and have kids so that there will be more grand kids around to help work.  My poor sister always ends up babysitting anyway(As evidenced by the photo) - what would a few more kids hurt?!  Maybe she should get married first though)
 Mike didn't walk at graduation, so Mom threw him his own graduation ceremony. 
 Jocelyn was very emotional on the trip and you never knew if she would be happy or if she was going to scream.  For some odd reason, she decided to cuddle with this strange guy- my brother. 
 See what I mean- he's strange!  But I still claim him. 
 The above strange man whom I trusted my baby with also was somehow entrusted with my camera and procedded to take about a bjillion pictures.  But I will admit he did good with the one below.  We really enjoyed wading in the stream.

 A Reed tradition is cream puff day.  We celebrate the day mom was declared cancer free- 27 years ago.  This is what cream puff day looked like.  A happy mom.
 Typical Mike and my kid sis.
 Some cuddling
 Some raspberry feeding.  It was a simple evening and one you shouldn't let slip from your memories.  Nothing extraordinary, just pure goodness. 
 My niece was baptized!  Congrats! 
And we lived out of a suitcase for a month. . . I'll have to tell more about our travels and move tomorrow.  It is time for some beauty sleep.  Colton was up at 5:30 this morning excited for his first football game. 

No comments: