Monday, September 23, 2013

Someone turned 5 and a few other tidbits

All this catching up and I realized I missed Colton's 5th birthday in the mix.  We celebrated with friends a little early since we were traveling so much. 
 I made this fun pirate cake.  Colton loved it.  But gravity took it's tole and about an hour after I put it together, the Jolly Roger sank- or rather split in two.  More like Titanic really.  Surprisingly, Colton didn't let it get him down.  He decided that it just split in two because the sharks bit it.  Works for me.
 Aarghhh Matey.
 Blowing out the candles on the dilapidated cake.
 Blueberries came on in July, so we went to pick.  More for the fun of picking than anything.  Our fun got that much better when we ended up there at the same time as some of our best friends! 
 In the words of Duck Dynasty: Happy
 Happy
 Happy
 Mike also has something to contribute to this post.  He did a spring triathalon in July!  You swim- I don't know how far.  Then bike 10 miles and run three miles.  Here he is coming in from his bike ride
 And here he is running to the finish line very very tired.   The run killed Mike, but he rocked it on the swim. 
Mike trained with our good friend Alex.  Thanks for keeping Mike motivated!  Alex actually took 2nd in his division.  Way to go!  It was really fun watching Mike compete.  Now the kids want to do it too!

And there you have it.  Nothing like speed blogging. 

1 comment:

Erin L said...

I love reading all of your updates. Is Colton in Kindergarten or are you waiting to start him? I am glad you like Michigan!