Monday, November 30, 2009

Teen Bop

Last year, I did something I have never done before. I went to the midnight showing of Twilight. This year it wasn't even a question of if I would go to the midnight showing of New Moon. I went with my friend Courtney, who happens to be 17. She's the one who talked me into going to Twilight in the first place. I admit, I own the books and I like them, though I don't believe they are the most well written books I've read. I will also own that the movies need special affects work. Yet this craze is sort of fun and for one night, I get to go and be a teen bopper, or at least act like it. The funny thing is, when I woke up the morning after I viewed New Moon, I kept thinking about it and wanting to discuss it with Mike or whoever else I knew who follows Edward, Jacob and Bella. THEN, I went and watched the movie AGAIN with my sister-in-laws. It is suddenly dawning on me, that perhaps I am no longer an idle Twilight Fan, but an actual "follower" For example, did you know that they almost canned 17 year old Taylor who plays Jacob in the movie, but he beefed up, so they kept him? I don't own any Edward cutouts or Jacob shirts, but perhaps I can ask Santa for a Twilight poster and keep my fanaticism out of public display. The next movie comes out in June. I'll buy midnight showing tickets, but maybe this odd behavior will calm down by then! Here's to all the non-teen twilight fans out there!

5 comments:

Shamaine said...

I agree!!! Read the books and really liked them, but wasn't a HUGE fan. Saw the Twilight...still not the biggest fan, but after seeing New Moon...I love it. haha :)

Bekah and Lance said...

Yippie! I was working that night but went Friday night. :) You could pass for 17 still so I'm sure you fit right in! Wasn't this movie so much better than Twilight?!

Jessica said...

I love the books :) I've read them way too many times! I really did not like Twilight... but New Moon was really good! I am now a Jacob fan because of the movie :)

Unknown said...

Heather nobody new you aren't 17!!!!!

Ash said...

twilight fans who aren't teens ROCK! ;0) i too keep most of my twilight craze "closeted" but people who know me well know I love it.