Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I love autumn

The trees are turning colors and I LOVE IT! Mike was kind enough to act as chauffeur on a photo shoot where I got this picture as well as the last one. I love leaves crunching under my feet and watching them fall quietly to the ground
Along with leaves come those fun fall activities. We made bats out of black construction paper and hung them in the window. (Very exciting for a 3 year old.) Today we picked out a pumpkin and Monday we raked leaves for a widow across the street. Growing up in Idaho, I did not rake too many leaves. We raked the leaves from just one big old tree and it took us an hour. The pile was almost to my shoulders and about 10 feet long. When I took Lydia to school the next morning, the grass was covered again! I guess we will be back, but I think we are all excited about that because it felt so good to do some service.

3 comments:

Chris and Nicole! said...

Fall is such a pretty time of year! Chris really misses that aspect of Ohio! As you know, in Rexburg the leaves just fall off--they don't have time to change color!

Ashley said...

I love fall colors too! This time of the year has so many great things to look forward too! Ohio is really pretty with all of those trees. You have such a cute family!

Rebecca said...

Those were great picts, I particularly like the stark contrast of whites and blacks in the first and last ones