Thursday, April 23, 2009

Again

 My poor Lydia is getting too well aquainted with neon pink casts.  Yesterday she was helping me fold laundry on my bed and pretending to fall off.  Well, she did fall off and landed on her wrist.  To my surpise, X-rays showed that she had fractured it.  She had started acting more normal by the time we got out of the doctor's office and I thought she was alright and was even debating getting the X-rays done, but now I am glad that we did.  She still remembers her leg cast, so she wasn't too excited about getting another one put on, but at least this time she can still run and play and maintain her normal busy lifestyle.  This morning she had a Dora birthday party to attend.  She had a great time though she wasn't sure she would be able to go at first because of the cast.  Family pictures however, will have to be put on hold.  
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

Poor Lydia and poor Heather! At least it should come off before the weather gets too hot and humid and the cast too itchy...

Jaimie said...

Bummer!!

Tracy said...

So glad everything turned out okay, though. I hope this is the last neon pink you ever have to see!

Makayla said...

Poor kid. We are going through the same thing here too. Spent 5 hours in the emergency room with ben for a broken wrist. It makes me feel so sad. I hope Lydia feels better soon and learns how to do a lot with her other hand soon!

Heather said...

Poor girl! I hope she heals quick.

Ilise said...

Aww, poor girl. If you need any assistance let us know.

Mama Tales said...

So sorry for Lydia! I hope Mama is okay too! Aunt Shelly

Kristine said...

I am sorry to hear about Lydia's arm! Hope things are going better for you. :)

Lynette said...

Oh darn! Poor thing! That is kind of funny that she pretended to fall off and then did...well, funny, but not at the same time. I'm scared for the day my kids break bones and all that fun stuff. Scary!