Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Traveling and Busy

This is just a quick update and more of a photo journal than anything. There have been several thoughts lately that I've thought about posting, but I haven't gotten to it. The Book Fair is next week and I am in charge, so until the end of next week, I probably won't be doing much for recreational computer time.
For Lydia's spring break, we went to Idaho. Normally we go over the 4th of July, but since the baby is due around then, we went in the Spring and it was actually pretty warm.
While we were in Idaho, we also went down to Utah and saw our nephew get baptized. While we were there, we went to this fun skating, bounce house, obstacle course place.

Everyone before Jackson's baptism. It was St. Patricks day!
A hike with the Hansen and Hoover boys.
The super nice pilot and Colton on the flight home. You can see how pleased Colton was to sit in the cockpit.
What is a trip to Idaho Falls without some Reed's Dairy icecream?
My sister Latesha asked me to take her Sr. pics. We both had a great time. This is one of my favorites. Tesha is headed up to BYU-Idaho in January!
The Reed family.
The Reed kids. It sure is fun to get together with them!
Out of order, but the hike we went on. Hansen and Hoover kids with Papa in the cave.
My parents have a cabin in the mountains so we took the kids up for a night. It was one of the highlights of the trip. There was only a few feet of snow, but that was a lot for the kids who don't remember seeing that much. We rode to the cabin in this 'torpedo' An enclosed sled you pull behind the snowmobile.

Colton packing up the snowbole helmet.
Our little family at the cabin.
Again, pictures out of order, but we went to lunch and cupcakes with Latesha. Fun and delicious!
Mike went riding with the boys for a few hours, but the zipper on his snow pants broke. Thankfully it wasn't a very cold day, but the ride didn't last too much longer with Mike in his shorts.
We stopped by my brother's house in Bountiful and the kids absolutely loved jumping on the trampoline with their cousins!
Random, but I am quite proud of the pillows I made. They are SO much better than what I used to have.
I also made this quilt for Latesha to take to college.
Before our trip we went bowling with Lydia and Colton's best friends. It was a little crazy, but hopefully a good memory for the kids.
And I have no idea why this photo ended up last, but this is the big kids at Reed's dairy. I cannot express how much I enjoyed my experience there! They had grasshopper icecream which is my favorite. Mint icecream with oreos and caramel. Can you say Yumm-o! It was fun to be with my family there. Reed's dairy was started by my grandpa and his two brothers. They eventually split and my dad ended up taking over the farming end while the dairy was taken over by his cousin. They have a picture on the wall of Grandpa and his brothers when they were young and starting up the business. It was fun to tell my children, "That man in the picture is your great grandpa." Isn't family just grand?! I was so glad to visit them all!

2 comments:

Chris and Nicole! said...

Wow, you guys have been super busy lately! But I'm glad you were able to go and see family and do all of those things before the baby comes! And those pillows look great! They really go with your "new" couch too, haha!

TwinkleBee said...

I didn't know you guys were THE "Reeds Dairy" We love that stuff and talk about it longingly- miss the Reeds Chocolate Milk like crazy!
Congrats on your new little one! How exciting!!