Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin

What is it about fall that makes you crave pumpkin? In the last few weeks I have had pumpkin fudge- to die for, pumpkin bread- oh sweet comfort, and pumpkin cheesecake- need I say more! Wow, I can't seem to get enough pumpkin in my diet this fall!
Yesterday we went to a chili cook off. So fun and festive. Colton wore a 1-piece superman costume on top of his clothes for the event. It wasn't worth the fight to get it off- so we were both happy. Today I made Colton a Batman mask to complete his batman pajama Halloween costume. He didn't think his costume was complete with a cape- it needed the mask with the trademark batman ears. I used my imagination and what I had on hand and all day today I had a little Batman hanging around my house. Is my son going to be one of those boys who really thinks he is a superhero?
Today there was a book sale at the library. I spent a lot more time there than I had anticipated. In fact, I looked at my watch, and it said it was 7:40! How could time have slipped by like that? I had gotten there around 2:30. To my relief, my watch had stopped and I had only been there an hour. As I bought my books, I was struck by just how much you can learn from a person by the books they buy. For example, in my stack of books I had children's books, a Spanish text book, a book on finance, photography, public relations, simplified music, canning, a suspense book, and several classics like "To Kill a Mocking bird." I think that says a lot about me.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love it all. Hope your watch is back in working order. My roommate made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last night...delicious.