Sunday, October 9, 2011

Busy til Thanksgiving

Went to the park for a 'photo shoot' These are a few of my fav's. Haven't done any editing yet, but not bad for a quick trip.

The stitches. They are now out and you can hardly tell there was anything there- only a week later.
I love that these two are buddies. I laugh whenever Lydia is upset with Colton and she yells, "Buddy!" Seems kinds of an oxy moron to be calling those who are annoying you- Buddy.

I haven't had much free time lately, nor do I plan to have much in the near future. A part time job fell in my lap. Last week I got my first 'real job' (I don't think I would count making snow cones in high school as a real job- though fun) I will be planning a Community Thanksgiving Dinner for about 500 people. It is free to the community and they have been doing it for about 20 years, so all the framework is done. I am just pulling it all together. I even have my own office. I am very excited to get this experience and to be doing something with my degree. Actually, doing with my degree exactly what I wanted.
The Elementary Book Fair is also kicking off this week, which I have co-chaired. I've been finding sponsors and writing press releases for that. Mike is even going to dress up as Clifford the Big Red Dog. The kids are pumped. Maybe this can be the start of a new career for him. He could be a Turkey at the Thanksgiving Dinner. I'm sure he'd make a great Santa Clause.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cute kids you have there! and good luck on the new job!

Heidi said...

Cute pictures!