Friday, September 23, 2011

Road Rage

Yesterday I didn't see a guy in my blind spot and almost hit him. Not only did he honk, but I also got the bird and I'm sure there was a string of vulgarities that I thankfully could not hear. A few weeks ago, a bald headed Harley man also made it a point to yell at me and give me the bird. I'm still not sure what I did to him to get such treatment. Perhaps I need my license revoked for poor driving, but in the meantime, I wonder, is it really necessary to show your emotion in such a negative way? Can't you just honk or yell, "Hey, Watch Out!" I'm alright with that since we do make mistakes when we drive, but I'm afraid my heart is too tender to keep taking these obscene gestures. Gratefully, I live among the cornfields of Indiana instead of the skyscrapers of some large city where people drive with a cell phone in one hand and the bird on the other.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha!!! you crack me up! I'm a fan at shaking my fist but it probably still looks like I'm trying to flip them off --oops!

Makayla said...

I feel for you. Reminds me of living in New England. Worst/meanest drivers ever! Seriously. I think one day I came home and was so happy that I only got flipped off 3 times that day. :-) The funniest was when a woman wanted me to pull over so she could scream at me (not sure what I did). Ben kept saying. I think she's waving at you. I think she wants to talk to you. I just kept looking straight ahead and told him we didn't want to talk to her right now.