Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mike at work. My big chemistry nerd! (I still don't think he looks the type to be a chemistry geek.)
Lydia and Dedee in front of the BoilerMaker Express. Colton wouldn't pose for the photo because he was pouting that his ride was over.
Colton shooting his first gun with Papa. Is it redneck to let your 3 year old shoot a .22? Even if it is, he had a GREAT time!
If I had seen this photo 10 years ago, I would have wondered what in the world I was doing, but being married to the chemistry nerd/football fanatic that I am, this photo has significance. I am interested to know- Do you know what I am doing? If you do, leave a comment just saying you understand the picture, but don't say what it is and I will post again in a few days with an explanation for all those, who like me 10 years ago, might wonder why I pose so oddly for a photo.
On Saturday, there was an outdoor family fun day near Indianapolis, so Dedee and I loaded up the kids- Mike had to work- and set off for an adventure. The kids both shot pellet guns at balloons attached to turkey decoys. (Lydia loved popping a PINK balloon!) They tried casting a fishing pole, we went on a canoe ride and tried our hand at golf. I had wanted to rock climb, but the line was as long as a Chinese dragon, so we opted out of that. It would have been the Chinese new year before we even got to climb! Colton loved that he finally got to ride on a bus that transported us to the event. It was a fun, long day. I love fall and being outside!

5 comments:

Erin L said...

i have no idea what you are doing. but it looks like fun!

Jill said...

Oh Mike DEFINITELY looks like a nerd! Always has! (hehehe) And by the picture of you and the kids I would say he is starting to rub off on you guys! :)

Makayla said...

Fun pictures! I love that you include pouting ones too. It makes life real. :-)

I know what you are doing...

Chris and Nicole! said...

Um...I totally know what you're doing! Hahahaha!

MissMolly said...

I love that you're married to a chemistry nerd/football fanatic. I'm married to a similar breed.... Electrical engineer/ football fanatic. Glenn wears a lab coat much like that at work, and we've been spending many hours watching the Utes. :) gotta Love them.