Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Frank Lloyd Wright

The outside of Frank Lloyd Wright's "Samara House"
If you are not familiar with Frank Lloyd Wright, he is a very famous architect. The first photo is of one of his most famous designs, a house called "falling water" Frank Lloyd Wright actually designed a house in our town, so we went on a tour of it a few weeks back. It's called the Samara house. This is the dining room. None of the photos are great, but these chairs were really cool.

This is the family/sitting room. I loved the book shelves.
This fireplace was also cool.

1 comment:

kristine N said...

Did you get to sit on any of the furniture? I've heard Wright's furniture looks cool but is very uncomfortable (and some of it looks it, too).

I'm jealous--that's one of the things I wish I'd done while in WL. Unfortunately, I didn't know they gave tours until after I left. So thanks for sharing the pictures!