Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birthdays and stuff

During Colton and I's photoshoot today, I noticed Lydia and Colton's blankets on the ground, so I snapped a picture, because one day, these blankets will be put away, but I don't want to forget all the love they have received. What a piece of childhood-a blanket. They get dragged everywhere, they are stained and often ratty, but priceless. They are a mark of childhood. I had a blanket- Pinkie. I liked to feel the silky edging pinky had. If Mom wouldn't let me take Pinkie into the store, I would rip off some of that edging and put it in my pocket so I could still have a piece of my blanket. Needless to say, when you start ripping pieces off of your blanket, it gets pretty tattered.
These are the new shoes I bought for my birthday. Thanks Mom.
It was a pretty tight squeeze on the couch tonight, but all my kids fit- until one of them rolled over. (Notice Lydia's forehead bandaid- a near trip to the ER (again) when she split open her head on a counter at church. We just glued it rather than taking her in for the possibility of 1 or 2 stitches. )
Our most recent Frosty. Lydia was delighted today when he still hadn't melted. (I love the look Colton is giving Lydia.)
My birthday cake. The frosting didn't turn out quite how I wanted it, but I was able to overlook that when Lydia meticulously placed my candles- all in a line.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Your pictures are great- hope you are enjoying that camera! We have some well-loved blankies here, too. Happy birthday last week!

MissMolly said...

Hey Heather I need your address so I can send you a wedding annoucement! :)