Monday, September 6, 2010

friends

"Hi Grandma!"
My most recent sewing project. Last time the kids were in Ohio, I found some fabric for cheap, so I decided to cover my couch. I thought it turned out very nice. It's a good couch, it was just outdated. I'm sure you have seen photo's of it in the background of older posts.
We went to Chicago for a weekend with Mike's brothers and their wives. It was so much fun. One of the stops along the way was a Harley Davidson dealership. Oh one day Mike and I will have road bikes. They don't have to be Harley's, but something to cruise around in. Yesterday after church I saw a girl hitch up her skirt and drive away on her bike. I loved it! That will be me in 10 years!


Today the breeze is blowing through my windows. The house smells great from baking and I am content. The kids rode their bikes this morning and I laughed when I noticed that Lydia was carting along her baby doll and Colton had chosen a Lighting McQueen car to tote around outside. I love that they both have their interests and identities, yet they remain best friends.

3 comments:

Makayla said...

The couch cover looks great! Good job. I've made one, so I know what a pain it can be. I've been thinking about you lately. Hope you are doing well!

Love,
Makayla

Rebecca said...

That is agreat picture- the last one, way to go with the slip cover! I'm very impressed. And that you managed to talk about harleys in the same post. I love it

Mama Tales said...

Improvement on the couch! You are ambitious AND talented