Thursday, September 16, 2010

camping!

Our first ever Hansen family camping trip was a success! We had a great time. We tried just one night, and though the kids slept well, the parents didn't sleep so well, so it was a good thing we did just one night. Mike with his one match fire.
I think this is the best timer picture I have ever taken. Lydia is giving a peace sign- imitating the bunny ears she saw some other kids giving.
Cool waterfall and two happy, dirty kids.
The best part of a smore is the chocolate!
I ran upstairs to grab something while we were packing and when I came downstairs, the kids had packed themselves in the cooler.

We also went hiking, and to a Frisbee golf course. The kids were the perfect age to take. I am so glad we finally did this. Hopefully we can continue every year. (Hopefully next year the raccoons won't be quite so anxious to eat our marshmallows!)

2 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Where did you campout? It's a beautiful spot - we might try to go soon too. We just need to get a tent and we're all set. Looks like a fun time!

Christi said...

I love the cooler picture! So cute!