Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ode to Joy



Tonight was joy for me. I have been wanting to take the kids to pick blueberries for weeks. Tonight we weren't doing anything, the kids were not tired due to long naps, and a new u-pick blueberry orchard just opened. Mike had scouts, so he couldn't come, but I loaded the kids up and took a beautiful drive outside of town. It really wasn't far, which was nice, but I LOVED the drive. The sun was setting, open fields, and hardly any humidity. It was like Idaho. It was a piece of me, something inside of me that I love. Not to mention the actual berry picking. What a cute farm! It was shaded, I ran into several friends, and the blueberries were delicious. Lydia loves blueberries and didn't stop eating. Colton just kept throwing them. It was all just so peaceful. Did I say that I loved it? I find it interesting that something as simple as picking blueberries with my children can bring joy- real happiness.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

It was a beautiful day! And I'm glad you could find such a wonderful way to enjoy it. I wish I loved blueberries as much as everyone else seems to.

Dacia said...

We love blueberry picking and will have to join you sometime - we sure love you guys and think you are an incredible family!