Sunday, April 25, 2010

Odds and Ends

Tonight I am tired, but I felt like putting some things down in print since I like to write. I have not slept well these last several nights. I thought I was too hot, the next night I over did it and got too cold. Perhaps it is my new, slightly too fluffy pillow? No, not that either. Last night it was definitely the dream about me stealing candy from a candy shop and being punished by torture. (I woke up just prior to the torture taking place- whew!)

It's just about garage sale season. I can't wait. I'm on the hunt for an electric drill.

Mike bought a prepaid cell phone. We feel very hip now, though I am envious because his phone is much cooler than mine. My cell phone is a $20 phone from walmart that does not even have a color screen or a camera. Way behind the times I know!

We can't find the title to our car. If you find it, please let us know.

We also bought a wheat grinder. Aren't we self reliant. Next, we bought wheat. This would all be great if I didn't kill the yeast in my bread recipe. Wheat bread isn't so good when it never rises and is more like a dense potato than bread.

I went to Time out For Women in Indy (Some day I will post pictures of this.) And guess who I saw there? My cousin Camille who lives about 2 hours away, but who I have never visited. We grew up 2 miles from each other and it was SO fun to see someone from home! Families really do need to stick together! She's the closest family I've got!

Last week I pulled out my back, which happens every now and then since I had Colton. I put a heat pack on it. (Well, a sock with rice in it, if you consider that a heat pack.) Lydia saw it the next morning and asked what it was. I told her I used to to make my back feel better. Later in the day she smashed her finger, or got a scratch of something. She went and found my heat pack and put it on her finger to make it feel better. I love the innocence of youth!

3 comments:

Chris and Nicole! said...

Chris wants to know if your bread tasted like bacon...

Julie said...

I am still so jealous that you got to see Camille - and that she got to see you. Such a small world!

Jill said...

I just killed my yeast two days ago making bread...I can TOTALLY relate to the whole "dense potato" thing...Fortunately it was a small batch and I'm such a cheapo I still made my family eat it...and they actually liked it! Where did I find these guys? :)