Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What I've been up to . . .

Many things have made me happy over this last week, though I must say, none bring me the joy of my children. Here are some of the things I have been up to on my Spring Break- child free.
Some new people moved in and didn't want this organizer. I did! I love free things!!
I made some jewelry. The little bracelet is for Lydia and the other bracelet and necklace are from a strand my grandma gave me that broke.
I made a dress for Lydia's baby doll.
Though you might not be able to tell, I put wood polish on the piano. It looks much better. I've been practicing and I'm getting lots better, though far from being able to play at church.
I made another dress for Lydia. They don't match exactly because I ran out of material, but they are close. I hope it fits her!

I am running a half marathon in a week and a half. I've spent some free time running. I'm sore today. (PS- these are the best running shoes I have ever had. They are a brand called Brooks)
With the children gone, I have been organizing everything I can get my hands on. I've gone through kids clothes, rearranged closets, transferred most of our CD's into itunes and worked on our 72 hour kits.

In addition to all this, there have been movies, lunches, a trip to the dentist (yuck) bike rides, volleyball, cleaning (and staying clean) family history, game night, fun photo editing, March madness and preparing enrichment. I think that covers most of it. And now, after this whirlwind of activity, I am ready to have my kids back. And since I have a few more days until this happens, I suppose I will finally get to reading my books. Can't wait to curl up on the couch with the sun shining in . . .



1 comment:

Erin L said...

I always said that I don't want a weekend away. I want a weekend home with everyone else away. That would be a real vacation! Looks like you are having fun!