Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Birthday that doesn't end

On Friday, Mike came home and surprised me by saying that for fun that evening we should dress up goofy. This is the sort of thing I am game for. Out of the ordinary. Spontaneous. But coming from Mike, it is weird. Our typical Friday night is a movie and microwave popcorn. Later in the evening, "Lets dress up Heather."
"Ok, what are you going to wear."
"I don't know. I don't have any funny clothes."
"Well you can make your normal clothes look funny."
"Why don't you just do your hair in pig tails and put on your pajamas."
"What about you?"
"I'm alright. K, go put them on now alright."
"Uh, ok."
Why does he want me to wear my pajama's so bad? I inspect them on the bed. No, nothing is out of the ordinary. Whatever. Mike wants me to do something goofy. I feel like doing something out of the ordinary. Up come the pigtails. Out go the contacts. On come the PJ's.
I go downstairs and sit down.
Me- "I want to make cinnamon rolls. I should get up."
"No, why don't you just relax?"
I sit for a few more minutes and a lame show comes on.
Me, sitting up "I'm going to go make those cinnamon rolls."
"No, just watch this with me. It will be fun."
"Fun? We both said earlier this show looked stupid."
Blank expression saved by a knocking on the door. He smiles, I throw a pillow at him. In march 6 girlfriends ready for a night on the town and apparently, thanks to Mike, I am now ready for my night on the town. With Princess birthday hat, boa and red slippers that match my PJ's (thanks for the slippers mom) I'm on my way for pizza. Sort of embarrassing, but these are my friends and I did say earlier I was up for something out of the ordinary. Well I got it. I tried some Peanut Butter Pizza that in theory tasted great, but in reality was better just imagining it. Thanks for the night out ladies. You made me feel very special. Something every girl needs now and again.

4 comments:

Shamaine said...

How fun! I'm getting to the point where anything out of the every day to day stuff would be heaven! Glad to hear you had a good birthday!

Jill said...

Your such a good sport! :) I hope you can arrange something similar for that loving hubby of yours! :)

Makayla said...

That's hilarious... I will never show this post to my husband. Happy late birthday!

Jaimie said...

Hahaha... I'd be ticked. :)