Monday, January 11, 2010

25

This is what greeted me at the end of the day on my birthday . . .

You turn 25 and I suppose by that age you are supposed to be responsible. The thing that makes me feel old though is my children. Thankfully, I have a husband who is very young at heart and HE will keep me young, or else drive me bonkers because he acts just like the kids. Mike did make my birthday very special. He made me feel so loved with his breakfast in bed, which ended up family breakfast on the bed. He and Lydia made a cake, which Lydia had been looking forward to for weeks. He even surprised me with a cookbook I had said I liked. He usually likes very specific instructions on what I would like for presents, so it was nice to get something I didn't expect. Probably the least exciting thing about my birthday was the life insurance policy I got. Though I feel much more secure with it in place, I guess it really does mean I am an adult with responsibility. Even the responsibility of dishes. . .
You thought I had to do all those dishes didn't you? You probably felt sorry for me having all those dishes on my birthday. Well, this is what I found when I came home from visiting a friend. This was like the sprinkles on top of the birthday cake! Mike outdid himself- his hands were pruny for a long time!
Lydia and I on my birthday. We have "matching" wool coats. She loves when we wear them together on Sunday.

7 comments:

Julia and Aaron said...

Just wanted to say those coats are very cute. I saw Lydia in it two Sundays ago and thought she looked adorable! Happy belated Birthday! Glad you had a good one.:)

Chris and Nicole! said...

Happy late Birthday Heather! We had your birthday on our calendar, but I guess we just don't look at it often enough to keep up! Also, way to go Mike! Did you do all of those dishes by hand?

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday, and you didn't have to do any dishes. That is too cute that Lydia and you have matching coats. And I love her tool belt!

Jill said...

Go Mike!

Unknown said...

yay! happy birthday. It sounds like our Mikes are pretty similar with gift giving. Can't beat those dishes though! Way to go!

Bekah and Lance said...

I thought of you on your birthday but I just realized I never sent you any birthday greeting. So happy belated birthday greetings you old one! :)

Unknown said...

Happy b-day Again. You weren't kidding when you said that you had a lot of dishes. I love Lydia s tool belt.