Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Vixen

Perhaps I should let the title of this post and the photo speak for themselves, but since I spent over an hour cleaning up this mess, and since the plumber spent about 30 minutes cleaning our drain, I suppose I can spend 5 minutes telling you about it.

Lydia is in a stage. Or at least, it better be just a stage. The stage where limits are tested, as is the willpower of the parents. Will I get mad at this? Will I learn to laugh at it someday, because my daughter for some reason thinks its funny. For example, we recently attended a surprise birthday party for a friend. I found Lydia in the bathroom, not going potty, but squirting lotion all over the floor. When the perpetrator was caught, she threw the lotion into the toilet. Keep in mind, this was my friends lotion. If Lydia were a reindeer this Christmas, she would be vixen.

And to explain the photo. Yesterday I was peacefully making dinner thinking how nice it was that my two children were peacefully playing upstairs. These thoughts were ended by Colton crying. I found my son standing naked next to the toilet. The floor was flooded because a certain older sister who was standing on the toilet had put a roll of toilet paper into the sink and had continually let the water run. Small pieces of disintegrating toilet paper littered the ground, Colton kept falling because the floor was slick. About an inch of water had run into my storage organizer that I keep under the sink.

But after all this, I think Santa will still be stopping at our house. Hopefully he doesn't need to use the bathroom.

6 comments:

Weigel said...

oh my-- so sorry

Unknown said...

thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this picture. It makes me feel a bit more normal.

Today my wall is blue. . .

Bekah and Lance said...

wow! she must get it from her dad. :) i'm glad carter is still a baby.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristine N said...

Wow. I'm so sorry--I, too, hope that's just a stage. Really, how many teens do you know who would flood a toilet on purpose? Hmm, maybe that's a bad age, too...

Caralee and Jon said...

Oh my goodness!! That is crazy! Kids make life so exciting sometimes! Wouldn't trade it for the world though, maybe at that moment but after isn't so bad right?