Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Way Behind!

We have been traveling a lot lately, and in area's without internet, so here goes what has promises to be a very long update.

First- Colton is walking- everywhere. I love to watch him toddle all around the house, carrying random objects that seem to have some significance to him. Lydia is now always saying, "No baby." as she puts HER food, or HER toys on the kitchen table where he can't reach.

We went to Ohio for Lydia's birthday and Father's day. As always, it was fun. We had a joint party with her cousin who turned 4 the next week. Naturally, Lydia started out the fun with her cousins with a mud fight.


Last week we went to my families house in Idaho for the 4th of July. It was great! We spent most of the time at my parent's mosquito infested cabin at Palisades reservoir. It is BEAUTIFUL! This was our 15 minute hike. It got cut a little short- not because of the kids acting up, but because of the mosquitos.
The four wheelers were a big hit. Here is the reservoir.
My parents brought up their boat. Oh so much fun! Colton wasn't a fan of the staight, I mean life jacket, so he only went on one short ride. Lydia liked the boat, but she like being off the boat and in the water even more, despite the teeth chattering temperatures.
Lydia riding the banana boat. Mike and I rode it together and accidentally flipped it a few times. We didn't care for the cold water as much as Lydia.

Lydia enjoying the water at a dock we stopped at.
Mike wake boarding. I love that you can see snow on the mountains behind him. We both enjoyed wake boarding, but I think it was most fun for us on the banana boat. Mike rode solo and Dad tried to throw him off. We told Dad to slow down when the banana boat was vertical and all you could see was one foot sticking up in the air, but I think they were both kind of enjoying it!
The grand girls in varying stages of saying cheese.

A drunken horse or a tired grandpa- I'm not sure which.


Playing outside.
And of course the 4th of July! Dad brought a flatbed trailor to watch the fireworks so we all cuddled up in camp chairs and enjoyed some ice cream- compliments of Reed's Dairy.
Enjoying the fireworks with Grandpa.

In the afternoon we had a picnic at my aunt's house. We got a picture with most of the great grandkids. We got a family picture. Dad even had the tractor washed. (Thanks for taking them Aunt Shelly)

Lydia in the grain.
Mom and Dad- the one's who made it all possible. Thanks Mom and Dad! Hope you can recover from all the fun!
Sorry to any family and friends who we missed while we were in Idaho. We were only in Idaho Falls for about 24 hours and the rest of the time was spent in Palisades. Hopefully we can catch you next time.

7 comments:

Makayla said...

Love the mud fight picture! It looks like you had a lot of fun. Your family is so cute!

Kristine said...

I love the tractor picture! Your "little" sister is so grown up!

Bekah and Lance said...

I loved seeing the picture of your whole family. My first thought was, "Hello!?! When did your sister grow up into such a beautiful young lady?!?" I haven't seen her in forever that's for sure. Your parents must really be chasing all the boys away.

Heather said...

Looks like a great summer of family and fun. I love your pictures, Heather. Looks like those field trips to ghost towns paid off :-)

Mama Tales said...

It was so good to see you, Mike, and your beautiful children. Thank you for letting me crash on your brief time in IF. You have a great family!!!

Little Lady~bug said...

WOW your family is beautiful! I saved your link wrong so I thought you had stopped blogging...boy was I wrong. It looks like you are having a great summer!

Rebecca said...

I'm getting caught up on your blog life! The 4th of July in IF brought back some fun memories for me too! the family pictures are great. It looks like a fun summer you guys are having, swimming lessons, family, horses, mud fights....