Thursday, January 15, 2009

I love these guys!

It's great to be back to Indiana even though it feels like -30 today! I competed in my speech and am moving on to the next division and will compete again in February. I ended up speaking on my mom's run in with cancer as a motivational speech. Mike is back to school and greatly enjoying not having to go to any classes, only having to do research.

Today has been an interesting day as our water line to the kitchen sink froze. I pulled all the cleaning supplies out and put them on the counter. Unbeknownst to me, the hand soap leaked on the counter. Later, as I was cooking lunch, I ended up with some on my fingers. I thought it was food, so I licked it off! It didn't take me long to realize that something harmful was in my mouth. My throat started burning, but it has improved! For the first time in my life I thought I was going to have to call poison control!

4 comments:

kristine N said...

Once when I was a kid (maybe six or seven) one of my aunts stayed with my family for a couple of days. On I think the last morning she was visiting she got up and made us all a big breakfast that included scrambled eggs. Unfortunately, the spatula she used for the eggs was covered in soap so the eggs tasted like dish soap. Not wanting to hurt her feelings, we all ate the eggs anyway. Man, were they ever nasty.

Which is my way of saying, "I feel your pain."

Heather said...

I'm glad the soap didn't do serious damage. I have to admit-- we've called poison control several times for Sam. There was never anything to worry about, though. Thank goodness!

Rebecca said...

I love it! You have two kids but would need to call for your own self! I jinxed myself by saying that, I bet tomorrow I'm gonna drink ammonium or something. I'm glad Mike's having fun with his research.

suzanne said...

Good job with your speech! And good luck with the next phase! Maybe you could post it for all of us inquiring minds :)

It was so fun to see you during your trip to Idaho for Christmas...Your kids are delicious!!! -suzanne