Monday, October 20, 2008

Blessing

We went to Ohio for a long weekend and it worked out that I stayed for the whole week and we blessed Colton while we were there. The family photo is everyone from Mike's family that was there for the blessing. Colton wore the blessing outfit that Mike wore. It had this cute little hat, but he isn't wearing it in the picture because right after the blessing he had a massive blowout and I spent the rest of sacrament trying to get the outfit clean.
The day before the blessing, the Hansen's threw a stake youth rodeo at their house. It wasn't a real rodeo, but they had lasso'ing, hay stacking and sheep hearding. It was quite fun! They had a dance in their barn with a mechanical bull that was really fun to ride. Regretably, neither Mike or I was very good at it. Mike's weight would pull him one way and that was the end of it. I had on very slick polyseter pants, so I didn't last long either. Either way, it was a great week!


4 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

Riding the "bull" sounds fun - any video?

Caralee and Jon said...

That sounds really fun. I didn't know Mike grew up with a mechanical bull in his backyard! I agree we need videos!!

Chris and Nicole! said...

Chris said you guys need to "get rid of that stinkin' couch". He can't believe you guys still have the couch you stole from your grandma.

Mindy said...

Hey Heather! I was so excited to see you blog and see what you've been up to! Your family is so cute!!!