Monday, September 8, 2008

Out With the Old . . .

This is Suzie, our beloved and quirky car. Suzie's passenger side window only rolls down on occasion (and often wont roll back up) Suzie's windshield leaks when it rains and drips onto the seat so you have to put a bag on the seat or your bum will get wet. Suzie makes a high pitch squeeling sound when you drive her and it's windy outside. And the list goes on of all of Suzie's quirks. She has taken us across the country twice and now has 230,000 miles. And finally, we have decided to retire Suzie! A day of joy and sadness. So, we decided to take the plunge and buy . . . a minivan! If you ask me, I am way too young to drive a minivan, but I must say, after owning one for three days, I love it! I have always wanted remote keyless entry and now the doors even slide shut by themselves. What luxury!
And of course, I had to include some pictures of Colton because he grows so quickly and Grandma and Grandpa want to see how he changes. The one where is is awake was taken today, but my personal favorite is the one where he is screaming. Lydia's expression is priceless and shows how I often time feel as a new mother of two, "What's your problem? Why are you crying?"



11 comments:

stevie kay said...

Congratulations on the new minivan! I bet it's so nice to have something reliable after driving Suzie on a hope and a prayer! And Colton is getting so big already!

Alyse and Carlos said...

I love Lydia's face in that picture! Classic!! Your van is gorgeous too! I love the color. We'll have to go race our cars--I think your van will win though. :)

Caralee and Jon said...

The van looks nice. Now you'll have plenty of room!

Lynette said...

HAHA! Wow, that last picture is too funny. I'm so happy for ya that you were able to get a new car. That's always such a nice feeling. I'm sure you're the perfect mom and never have to worry about having more than one kid. :)

Christie said...

I know others already said this, but Lydia's face is hysterical!

Mama Tales said...

Heather what a beautiful baby. It made my day to see your babies. I too loved Lydia's expression. I think I've worn it myself more than a time or two. Aunt Shelly

Heather Inns said...

Congrats on your minivan that is pretty crazy you have a minivan. Your kids are very cute I hope you don't mind i check out your blog to see how you are doing. if you want to check out my blog you are more then welcome too at innsfamily.blogspot.com Heather Inns (Holverson)

Heather said...

Oh, Suzie. So sad to see you go. Colton is so cute, and I love Lydia's face. Congrats on the van.

Chris and Nicole! said...

Hey you guys!! Long time, no see! Chris swears we will never get a minivan, but we will see! That picture of Lydia's expression is so adorable!

Caitlin said...

You have finally joined the minivan club! Feels good huh? :)

The Holdaway's said...

I just found your blog from Stephanie's - cool!