Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kids do the funniest things . . Like sleeping through the night!

I will admit, the last month has been hard- adjusting to having two children and sleep deprivation. However, Colton has slept through the night 2 of the last 3 nights, which greatly improves my outlook. It allows me to see great humor in the following incidents:

Lydia is quite behind in her speech. She is beginning to say more, but it is hardly recognizable. Yesterday I was able to understand her though when Colton was crying in his room and she yelled from across the hall, "Quiet!" And that was that.

In family scripture study we were reading about Christ's second coming. We were discussing it afterward with Lydia and I told her that Jesus was coming again- at which point she began looking out the window for Him.

8 comments:

Kristine said...

That's cute that she looked for him out the window. It's amazing what little kids can teach or show us and they don't even know it. I'm glad Colton has been letting you get some sleep!

Bekah and Lance said...

To funny! Kids do the cutest things, always taking everything so literally. how's the new place working out?

Caralee and Jon said...

Thats so cute! I love how Lydia looked out the window! You guys are such good parents!

APRIL DAVIS said...

Heather! Holy cow-you have 2 munchkins!!! That is so awesome. How are you doing??!?

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Heather, this is Tiffany Fackrell, from Rexburg!! you know the practically related Fackrell's!!! I stumbled across your blog and loved to catch up on your happenings. Congrats on baby Colton, I love his name, so cute!! We are still in Rexburg, but David will be graduating this December, we are so happy!!! Anyway you can catch up on us too, fackrellfamily.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I hope I don't jinx you by saying this, but--Way to go Colton! Keep sleeping, buddy.
I love the stories about Lydia. What a fun girl.

Jaimie said...

Hey Heather! It's Jaimie (Higgs) Krupp. I found your blog through Jenn's and love looking at it. What sweet kids you have! How old is Lydia? My little girl Elsie is 2 and also behind in speech. I'm glad that things are going so well for you! I'm jealous of your minivan! That's next on my vehicle list... My blog is krupptimes.blogspot.com, if you are interested. :)

Lynette said...

That's too cute. How funny that she yelled quiet. Your family is so cute. That's so awesome that Colton is sleeping through the night!