Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Shoes

Next to the front door we have a basket.  That basket is supposed to hold everyone's shoes.  But most of the time, it is a cornucopia with shoes spilling out all around it and cluttering up the entryway.  Often times I get frustrated tripping over all those shoes and it seems like a constant chore to pick them all up several times a day.  However, the other day I looked at my pile of strewn shoes and I saw Mike's big sneakers, and Lydia's little white high heels.  There were Colton's lace up spiderman shoes that he loves and I despise.  I had my pink running shoes and I thought, 'how blessed am I to have big shoes and little shoes all over my floor.'  They are a symbol of the wonderful family I have.  We wear them here and there, we do activities together with our various shoes.  We are blessed enough to each have several pairs of good shoes.  Big strong shoes for Mike, versatile shoes for me, cute sparkly shoes for my princess and very active shoes for my active little boy.  So, for this week at least, I am not annoyed by the mess of shoes, but grateful for each person who wears them. 

1 comment:

Makayla said...

Great insight and attitude. I have to remind myself of this every day when I look at the overall mess I can't keep up with. I'm grateful I have mess makers.