Friday, August 28, 2009

Peanut Butter


My favorite pie is peanut butter pie. I like peanut butter on my pancakes, my toast, my apples, and of course, my sandwiches. On Monday, I made peanut butter bars. By Tuesday evening I was washing the pan where they once were and feeling a little sick.
When I was in kindergarten, I found a new way to enjoy my peanut butter. At that time, jam was not desirable on my sandwiches. So instead of slabbing PB on one slice, jam on the other and slapping them together, I would spread the PB on one slice, then top it with sliced cheese and microwave it so the cheese melted slightly. This delicacy was enjoyed by me everyday when I came home from kindergarten. Nothing beat Peanut Butter and cheese and listening to Paul Harvey with mom.
Today Lydia requested a piece of bread. Next she requested it toasted. That was followed by a desire for peanut butter. I laughed when she pulled out the cheese. A girl after my own heart! After a nearly 20 year hiatus from peanut butter and cheese sandwiches, I again indulged. And amazingly, it really was not that bad. However, I think rather than peanut butter and cheese, I will stick with my peanut butter bars and a belly ache.

7 comments:

Davis Photography said...

You two definitely need to go to Bruno's pizza (by the movie theater in West Lafayette) and have their Peanut Butter pizza. They top it off with mozzarella cheese and chocolate chips. I thought this was the worst thing someone could come up with until someone made me try it....You really should give it a whirl!

Makayla said...

you sound like Ben. He is always asking for a bowl of peanut butter and the other day he asked to have it on top of his fried eggs... eeww!

Mama Tales said...

Your Grandpa Taylor LOVED peanut butter. I guess it is generational! The cheese part?....I too, will stick with pb and j.

Laura H. said...

Yum... Peanut butter is the best thing ever. Now I have to go make PB bars; you made me crave them.

Rebecca said...

I'm right there with you in the PB kick! We must get it from grandpa, who (I'm told) would snack on a jar of peanut butter in the evenings. You know I'm going to have to try your PB/cheese creation soon!

Lynette said...

How funny! That is too cute! Can't beat peanut butter (the cheese sounds...interesting haha). Yum!

Hey I changed my blog to private so I'm sorry if you have tried to get to it and weren't able to. I need your email addy to add you to my "list" of those that can see it. You can email me at lynettefields6@gmail.com.

Thanks girl!

Unknown said...

I'm glad u found some one with youre same taste. even if it is your 3 yr. old daughter.
Luv ya