Thursday, August 7, 2008

Colton Michael 08-04-08

It took us forever to decide on his name! Even after the poll we did on our blog, we were still undecided. For the longest time we were going to name him William, but when he came out, it just didn't settle. In the end, Colton won the bid.

After 10 hours of labor, we were blessed with a 9 lbs and 10 oz beautiful boy! Mike and I spent the week walking and walking, but didn't seem to be making any progress. Monday morning at 1:00 A.M I started having contractions, so we went to the hospital. I was well on my way. I got an epidural and absolutely loved it! I went from incredibly irritable to extremely peaceful. It was great. My mom was able to see the birth and loved every minute of it. Labor took longer than with Lydia, but Colton also weighed 3 pounds more than she did.
Lydia seems to be adjusting well. At first the only thing that she seemed to find at all interesting about him was his toes, but since then she has taken to him and loves to rub his head.
He has a high pitch squeal and beautiful blue eyes. I am feeling quite well and can only attribute it to help from the Lord. Granted I am tired, but that just comes with motherhood I think.
In addition to all this excitement, we found out we will be moving on Tuesday, so wish us luck!

17 comments:

Shamaine said...

Congratulations!!! Very cute boy! :)

Bekah and Lance said...

Congrats!! What a big, happy, healthy looking boy! Adorable! Way to go Heather for having such a big boy! You're amazing! :)

Kristine said...

Congrats! His name is so cute! I love the picture of you, Lydia and the baby. That face is classic! Good luck with moving. I'm so glad your mom's there!

Mama Tales said...

Lanita and I are simoltaniously ???(at the same time) looking at Colton and we both think you are a hero and superwoman. He is gorgeous and we send a big congratulations!!!!! Aunt Shelly and Lanita

Mama Tales said...

simultuneous

Mama Tales said...

Okay simultaneously

lanita said...

Good job, mom.

stevie kay said...

How does little you have such a big baby! But wow, he's a cutie. Congrats and best of luck. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Shannon said...

Aww congratulations Hansen's! He is precious, and I love his name! (And wow, over 9lbs?! You are a trooper Heather!)

Caralee and Jon said...

Wow! I had no idea he was so big! Did the doctor give you any clues he was going to be so big? I'm impressed. Good job Heather! I really hope my next isn't that big, I don't know if I could do as well as you! We will find out in a few weeks if we are having a boy or girl! Yeah! I'm excited! Good luck with the move!

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

Congrats he is adorable!!!

Lynette said...

WOW congrats! He's gorgeous! I love his name. I'll bet that was so nice having your mom there. It's so great to have a supportive family.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is so cute! I am glad he is finally here! Good job you guys!

Caitlin said...

Okay, now that I saw the picture, I can tell your sure that he is bigger than Logan!!! How did you do it?? And I am jealous of the name, I wanted to name one of our boys colton, but Mike didn't agree! Congratulations, he is so cute!

Daisha said...

love the name and congratulations!

Rebecca said...

ooooh, you the man! well, sorta. I bet you were glad for the epidural on your boy! I'm very happy for you guys. I like the name. Mom just gave me your blog, so I could see the picts-THANKS FOR SHARING.

Tyson and Kendyl said...

Heather, your new addition is so cute! Tyson and i are glad to hear that you are doing well. We will defintely have to keep in touch!