Friday, September 4, 2015

Hiatus

We made it to Michigan and we like it. The neighborhood has a wonderful sense of community, which we have craved. Our house is fantastic. We bought something move in ready and I'm glad we did. The weather is delightful- a wonderful reprieve from NC heat.  We are getting settled after a month here. The nice thing is not feeling rushed to do everything. . . make friends, join this club, sign up for that sport or go see that attraction before we move again. We are here, not thinking about the next adventure 8 months from now. It's like we can finally take a deep breath and relax. Don't get me wrong- I've loved our adventure- I've met wonderful people all over the country. I've seen some neat things and experienced new cultures, but Michigan, the Midwest in general is more similar to what I had growing up and I'm glad to give our children that.
It is also nice- we are close enough to see more family- at least the Hansen's.  Mike's brother is coming for the long weekend and we are delighted to have him and his family. I'm kind of excited just to have extra room for guests. We have never had too much elbow room, but our house has 4 bedrooms with one that we are using as a guest room. Mike and I just bought a new bed- a king size bed- I didn't even know if I had a husband on bed with me last night, so our old bed moved to the guest room. It's been fun making it a cozy place to stay for our family.  Putting extra pillows and blankets so they have whatever they like. Making sure the towels are washed and folded. Getting an extra box of Kleenex. . . I feel much more domestic than usual.
And with that said, our guests should be arriving any minute and our long weekend will begin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Creative writing can be done by practice but most are struggle to share their content with outside world. Here it comes true. Nice post it is.
College paper writing service