Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hip Hat


I hate spending money. It's a complex or phobia or something. I understand that it takes money to live, so we spend what we have to, but I have a hard time spending money on myself and I love to feel like I've got a bargain. Yard sales are the best! Because of these things I find myself needing to update my wardrobe or accessorize or something- in order to maintain the level of hipness I had as a teenager. (Yes I know I am 24 and no longer a teenager, but I would rather look like I was 18 than 38) So with my birthday money, I was selfish and I actually spent it on myself. I went on a little shopping spree once the kids had gone to bed and bought new shoes. (the first pair in 5 years!) Some jewelry and this new hat. In highschool I loved to find different hats to wear- cowboy hats, bucket hats, a beret, but I think somewhere along the line I either lost the confidence to wear them or decided they were too "loud" for my more reserved, more mature motherhood style. I told my mother-in-law this and she said, "You can still wear cute hats you know." She really made me think, and I am glad she did. So this is my new loud, hip hat and I love it! I wear it every chance I get and when I wear it, I can't help thinking to myself, 'you are one hot mama!'

No comments: