Tuesday, August 26, 2014

1st day of school

 I haven't looked at anyone's blogs for awhile, but I imagine there has been a lot of talk out there including first day of school.  I add our first day photos to the mix of it all. 
 The kids ready to go- even Josie who has felt a little lonely without her older siblings to keep her company the last few days. 
 Josie followed the lead of her older siblings once we got to school.  She put her backpack on the back of her chair and started getting her things out.  Even though it was 8 AM it seemed like a good time to get out her lunchbox.  That juice pouch had been calling to her since the night before when all of the kids energetically packed their lunches. 
 Lydia took this photo for me.  Colton looked so ready sitting in his seat for his first day of kindergarten.  He has been so excited for "The best day ever" to arrive.  He has even requested that he starts going to school on Saturdays.
Since Colton was already safely deposited in his kindergarten class and I didn't feel like trusting my 2 year old with my camera, Lydia and I did this selfie in her classroom.  Lydia didn't look quite so sure of her self as Colton, but give her a few days to get into a routine and I know she will be fine.  
Now it is just Josie and I at home.  It's a lot quieter.  She doesn't scream as much without older siblings there to get in her face. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute kids as usual. Thought it was funny about your youngest... Pretty sure mine was meant to be an only child. He is so good when the kids are off at school and a little nightmare all the rest of the time.