Friday, March 21, 2008

It's a boy!

I had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday and found out that the next mini Hansen will be a boy. After we found out Lydia was a girl, Mike went to buy her a gift, so now it is tradition. After hearing the great news, Mike went shopping in Toy-R-Us and bought a scarlet and gray football for our little tyke. We are both excited, but Mike is REALLY excited! He said we can be done having kids now that he has a son to carry on the Hansen name. Oh jeesh! Although on those nights when I have heartburn and my back is killing, I think I might take him up on that.
With this good news, I find myself in a dilemma. I had a handful of girls names that I liked, but there are no boys names that I have found that I am crazy about. Mike likes William (I think it is too common) and Terrell (Yes, after Terrell Prior who just signed on with the Buckeyes) I like names like Bryce and Logan. What are some of your favorites? We need ideas.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys. :)

Erin L said...

Heather, that is so exciting! We're still the same! Girl first, then boy. Crazy! Congrats. We only have 2 boy names that we both like - Jack and Jonas - and no other name really fits us. If you like one of those, you can use them I don't mind. I like all the names you listed too.

Laura H. said...

Congratulations! This is Laura (Evans) Hales. I found the link to your blog off of Bekah's. I haven't seen or talked to you in forever, so it's good to be able to see what you're up to. Feel free to check out my/our blog: http://thehalesangelsfamily.blogspot.com
My husband was just asking how I knew you. I told him that you were the most sincerely nice person I knew in high school. Even now you're an example to me. :) Good luck with everything!

Bekah and Lance said...

Congrats!! I can tell you a few of my all time favorite names because Lance's siblings have already used them or have staked a claim on them (much to my sadness) so we most likely won't be able to use them (not that that would even matter because I wouldn't care if we had a kid with the same name anyways). I have always loved the names Preston, Logan, and Jaxson. Good luck in finding the perfect name for your little boy! Good thing you have a few months to decide!

Heather said...

I am so excited for you guys to have a boy! The world needs more Hansen men. We had the same dilemma with names. You'll find one. What about Mike, Jr?

Sheena said...

Congrats!!! Little boys are fun!