Friday, October 17, 2014

Moving




I guess it is that time again.  We are moving.  Our third and final rotation.  I am excited about it, but at the same time, I am tired of starting the friend making process over.  I am tired of disconnecting utilities, changing insurance, and making U-turns because I don't know my way around.  That being said, I am glad for this adventure Mike and I have been on.  I've been able to see a lot of cool places and meet a lot of great people.  I've had experiences I never thought I would have.  I've seen the good and bad in lots of places and the nice thing is, Mike and I get a lot of say in where we end up. 


So, our next move will put us about 1 hour west of the beach, 2 hours east of the smoky mountains and in the heart of basketball country.  We are moving to Raleigh, North Carolina!! 

Ever since we found out about these rotations, I have wanted to go to NC.  It's beautiful.  You get the beach, you get some beautiful mountains.  You get seasons, but not harsh ones.  (And after freezing in Michigan last winter and frying in Texas this summer, I am ready for some temperate weather)  There are a lot of opportunities for Mike there.  He will be working on a product launch for an insecticide for potatoes.  (Since my Daddy-o is a potato farmer, that could be a very good project- win points with the father-in-law)   We move right before Christmas.  It's going to be a little crazy. 

(Oh, and the photo of the mansion is the Biltmore Estate.  The largest privately owned estate in the US.  It is in Asheville, NC and I really want to go see it.) 

3 comments:

Erin L said...

How fun! What an exciting adventure. Where should I send a Christmas card? How long will you be there?

wolfleyfamilyblog said...

Do you have time to get together before you move? We would love to have your family over ANYTIME!!!!!

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Congratulations! You'll LOVE it there. I don't know if you remember Aaron and Lianne Franklin from our Purdue days. They just moved there from here (NY). Aaron got a Tenured position at Duke. You may run into them there :)