Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ho Ho Ho





I love Christmas. Right now it is snowing- so I included a picture of our apartment in the snow. Lydia is starting to get into the Christmas season. Every time she sees a Christmas tree, Santa, or hears someone talk about Christmas, she says, "Ho Ho Ho" Last night at our ward party Santa came, but Lydia much preferred to watch from afar. She saw her friends approach him and then leave crying, so she decided that wasn't a good idea. She wouldn't sit on the Big Man's lap, but she did ask Santa's elves for an orange and bag of candy, which she proudly showed us first thing when she woke up this morning. (She slept with her goods last night) Why is it that we submit our children to sit on a strange old man's lap when all the rest of the year we warm them about strangers? No wonder they cry!

4 comments:

Rine Family said...

Heather is that a picture of Mike when he was little? I only ask because Madeline looks a lot like that little boy! especially that look on his face. Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!

Lynette said...

Haha that's a good point! I can't wait to have a few kids in the toddler stage getting all excited about Christmas. Your kids are so cute!

Spencer Wade said...

Natasha and I have checked out your blog and are pleased to annouce that your family is decidely "cute++". We haven't started the blogging thing but after seeing your's and many others we are a little more motivated. Hope all is well with the family. Send us your address if you could (spencerwade@gmail.com).

Makayla said...

I agree with the Santa thing. Ben shows no interest. Personally I'm not good at teaching him about it since my parents were uniquely anti-Santa when I was a kid. You guys are so cute. I must say I'm impressed that Lydia slept with her loot... to not eat it all at once is pretty impressive! There is no saving of candy in this house with the kid or the husband. :-) Good to see you are dong well. Talking to you the other day made me miss you. Remember when we worked out at the crack of dawn? Dan and I started doing that and honestly I've become weak... How did I go without sleep in college?